Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Read to Self and Read to Someone

So why do we 'Read to Self'
and 'Read to Others?'

1/2DW found some great reasons.

* To learn new things.
* To have fun.
* To make us better readers.
* So we can concentrate on our reading.
* To give us time to think.


Today we broke our record in 'Read to Self' and reached 16 minutes and 50 seconds. Mrs Downes was so proud of us!
Scissors beats paper! luca gets to read first.


We play scissors paper rock to see who will read first.
Josh is hiding under a table away from any distraction
Harrison is concentrating on reading his good fit book.
Vishal is relaxing while he reads his book.
Emily A sat on the fold out lounge today.
Shayden helps Logan in Read to Someone.
Kaitlyn reading to herself.
Zack Reading to Self
Kieran and Harrison
Mikinley hiding under a desk reading to herself.
Eliza is reading to herself.
Charlotte looks like she's reading a great book.
Sienna likes reading to herself
Eliana and Mohit are concentrating.
Keeley like reading up high.
Our new record!
Lachlan reading in the book corner.
Joshua and Mohit reading to each other.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations 1/2DW. That is an amazing effort. I think you guys are all incredible. From Karen Holland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mrs Holland,
      Thank you for commenting on our blog. (Vishal)
      Do you love our class Mrs Holland? (Eliana)
      I love you. (Keeley)
      Do you have a good time commenting on our blog. (Zack)
      I hope you have a good time commenting. (Emily A)

      Thanks so much Mrs Holland. It is so encouraging for the students to see your comments on the blog. Have a great day!

      1/2DW and Mrs Downes

      Delete
  2. What fantastic independent readers you are all becomming 12/DW!! Aren't books fun? What are your favourite type of books?
    Karen Fredericks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mrs Fredericks,
      Thanks for commenting on our blog.

      I like reading Star Wars chapter books. (Lachlan)
      I like reading Ben 10. (Vishal)
      I like reading chapter books of wrestling and I like reading them because they pick them up and drop them. (Shayden)

      I like reading Sonic. What do you read? (Eliana)
      Are you a nice teacher? (Keeley)
      I love you. (Harrison)
      I like reading books about submarines. (Mohit)
      I like reading Mario, Sonic and Yoshi books. (Zack)

      I like reading books about animals. (Kaitlyn)
      I like reading about fairies. (Sienna)
      I like reading books about things that aren't real. I like Mario, Sonic and Star Wars. (Joshua)

      I like reading books about space. (Maxwell)
      I like bibles, princesses and fairy tales. (Sian)
      I like Princess Charm School. (Ariana)
      I like books about Jesus. (Logan)

      I like books about colours. (Katarina)
      I like books about travelling. (Mikinley)
      I like books by Dr Suess like Cat in the Hat. (Keeley)
      I like books about princesses. (Eliza)
      What kinds of books do you like? (Charlotte)
      I like books like bibles and fairy tales. (Luca)

      Do you like your class? (Kieran)

      Thanks for commenting on the blog. The class were so excited to talk about their favourite books.

      1/2DW and Mrs Downes

      Delete